The SIREN Group was established in 2016, with the purpose of elaborating a “Catalogue of Calculation Codes” that are used, implemented and/or developed by the organizations in the Spanish nuclear sector.
This catalogue is very helpful for the Spanish companies in order to disseminate their capabilities in core simulation and nuclear plant safety.
Furthermore, the SIREN group aims at promoting and disseminating its own simulation capabilities, particularly by means of the OECD/NEA Data Bank CPS (Computer Program Services) service and by organizing Workshops and Technical Meetings that gather users of these codes.
The two main objectives of the SIREN group are:
Managing and promoting the “Catalogue of Calculation Codes”
The codes catalogue includes exclusively the organizations that have participated in this compilation project, so that it does not include information relating those organizations that have not participated. Said information could be incorporated in next versions of this document.
Currently, 18 institutions from CEIDEN are taking part in the Catalogue: CIEMAT, CSN, EEAA, ENSA, ENSO, ENUSA, Iberdrola, IDOM, INGECID, Naturgy, Grupo NFQ, SEA, Tecnatom, Thunder, UNED, UPC, UPM, UPV.
The catalogue comprises 118 codes/databases in total, distributed over 20 different areas:
- Site Evaluation – Ambient Dose (14)
- System TH (12)
- PSA (11)
- Fuel-Thermomechanics (10)
- Radiation damage (8)
- Monte Carlo (7)
- Cell-Fuel element (7)
- 3D Kinetics (7)
- S&U (6)
- Subchannel TH (5),
- Shieldings (5)
- CFD TH (4),
- Severe Accidents (4)
- Databases (4)
- Emergency support system (3),
- Containment (2)
- Nuclear data processing (1)
- Multi-physics (1)
- Fuel Cycle (1)
Note: the number between parentheses indicates the number of codes employed in each area.
Organizing Workshops and Codes Users’ Meetings
The objectives of these meetings are:
- To disseminate the activities of the SIREN group among code users.
- To know the simulation capabilities of the various organizations and the developments that are being undertaken.
- To identify experts.
- To share experiences in simulation.
- To foster relationships or collaborations between institutions: R&D national and international projects.
- To build synergies among all SIREN group users, so that more initiatives and/or activities are proposed to CEIDEN.
Information on the SIREN group activities
- 1st CEIDEN/UPM Workshop “Users of nuclear databases employed in calculations for nuclear energy and non-energy applications”. 7 May 2019, from 09:00 to 13:00h.
- 2nd CEIDEN/UPM (virtual) Workshop “Accident Tolerant Fuels for LWRs”. 20th May 2020, from 09:00 to 13:00h.
- 3rd CEIDEN/UPM (virtual) Workshop “Machine Learning in Nuclear Science and Technology Applications”. 14 May 2021, from 09:00 to 13:00h.
- 4th CEIDEN/UPM (virtual) Workshop “Neutronic Design on SMRs”. May 2022 (date to be confirmed).
- Workshop “Users of Neutronics Codes for Nuclear Reactor Calculations”. 14 September 2021, from 09:00 to 12:00h.
- Workshop “Databases for Nuclear Reactors Calculations”. September 2022 (date to be confirmed)